Micron Technology, Boise, Idaho (7/98 to present)
Test engineer for the 64Mb to 2Gb SDRAM, DDR2 and DDR3 products using Advantest 5581, 5585, t5593, Teradyne J996 series testers, and custom in-house testers designed specifically for memory testing applications
- Work with Automated Test Equipment to support test program development, execution in production, and related engineering analysis
- Responsible for developing and maintaining production test programs on Automated Test Equipment and working to qualify test software, hardware, and semiconductor products
- Analyze device performance and yield, providing failure analysis and related test data to other Manufacturing and Engineering groups
- Work on improving yields, reducing DPM rates, and reducing the testing time to improve efficiency and quality, while reducing cost
- Convert test programs to work in both Test and Probe areas, reducing code duplication and streamlining the maintenance of the software
- Interface with many different departments, inlucding Fab, Probe, Product Engineering, Test Production, QA, and Apps/Sales
- Develop characterization and test data processing software tools in Unix and Linux environments
H & H Construction, Richfield, Utah (summers from 1988 to 1996)
Mechanic and Equipment Operator
- Worked with heavy equipment and very large 3-phase power systems. This includes a 500 KW generator, a 1500 KW generator and electric motors ranging from 5 hp to 250 hp. I also worked with small electric systems.
- Purchased supplies and equipment.
- Prioritized daily goals and evaluated job priorities.
Self motivated and reliable.
Good written and oral communication skills.
Programming experience in C, C++, assembly (Intel and Motorola), Perl, Python, and SQL.
Analog and digital design skills.
Knowledgeable with electronic test equipment, such as logic analyzers and advanced automated test equipment.
Recipient of a four-year, Presidential Scholarship at Utah State University, Fall 1991.
Recipient of the Robert C. Byrd Scholarship, 1991. (Only two are awarded per Congressional District, per year)
Recipient of a USU College of Engineering Scholarship, Fall 1996
USU Dean's List, Fall 1994 and Spring 1995.
Fluent in Portuguese: I lived in Brazil for two years.
Tennis, fishing, hiking, mountain biking, motorbikes, genealogy.